The 1877 Primitive Methodist magazine records the laying of the memorial stones for a new Primitive Methodist chapel at St James’ End in the Northampton station. We are told nothing more.
The 1878 Primitive Methodist magazine records the opening of the new Primitive Methodist chapel .
The 1901 Ordnance Survey map shows a Primitive Methodist chapel at the junction of Sandhills Road with St James’ Road. A building with similar footprint appears on current Street View occupied by a solicitor firm, and later maps label it as Methodist, but it seems a bit big and posh for a Prim chapel.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1877 page 699
Primitive Methodist magazine 1878 page 125