Northampton Primitive Methodist chapel

There is an account by R Thompson in the 1856 Primitive Methodist magazine of the re-opening of Northampton Primitive Methodist chapel after the addition of side galleries, necessary because of the growth of the society. The society was allowed to do the work which cost £40 on condition they did not add to the debt; they had raised £30 by the time of the article. Donors included Raikes Currie, Esq., M.P. and the Mayor of Northampton.

Re-opening celebrations including a tea meeting started on May 11th, 1856. Preachers included Rev. J. Bywater, of London, Miss Wilson, of London, and R Thompson.

There is no indication in the article as to where the chapel was.  What happened to it?


Reference

Primitive Methodist magazine August 1856 p.499

 

Comments about this page

  • The original PM Chapel in Northampton was Horsemarket, opened in 1840 and pictured in Kendall vol.ii p.417. It was rebuilt again in 1872 and finally closed in 1942 and demolished.

    By Tim Woolley (14/03/2018)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Share this
Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on Google+Email this to someone