Peterborough Walton Primitive Methodist chapel
Lincoln Rd PE4 6AH
Keith Guyler’s notes which accompany the photograph say that the Walton Primitive Methodist chapel closed in the 1960s. It accommodated 130 and at the time of the Keith Guyler photograph is a gospel hall. On Google StreetView in 2009 it has been demolished and is a building site. By 2012 houses have been built on the site.
The Primitive Methodist magazine for 1836 contains an account by E Butters and M Taylor of the opening of Walton Primitive Methodist chapel in the Wisbech circuit – probably (but not certainly!) this Walton.
The opening preachers at the services on August 9th 1835 were G Tetley and W Catliff.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1836 p.63