The 1879 Primitive Methodist magazine records the laying of the foundation stones for a new Primitive Methodist school room at Belfast Blackstaff Road. The chapel itself had been erected in 1874.
J Riddell was one of the people mentioned in connection with the ceremony. His family had been connected with the chapel a long time.
The 1891 Primitive Methodist magazine reports that the church at Blackstaff Road was being enlarged – and in fact completed to its original design. It had become too small.
The Index of Irish Methodist Churches, Chapels and Preaching Houses reports that James John Phillips was responsible for the 1891 work. General permission to sell the chapel (along with Sandy Row) was granted in 1974 due to redevelopment and to provide one new replacement church.
In 2020 Blackstaff Road is a big industrial /retail park.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1879 page 122
Primitive Methodist magazine 1891 April page 250