Killingworth: Return from the Primitive Methodist chapel in the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious Worship
transcribed by David Tonks
The 1851 Census return tells us the chapel building was erected in 1838. It had attendances of 150 at morning services and and a Sunday school of 80 scholars. The return was completed by the colliery manager, George Orton.