The 1878 Primitive Methodist magazine contains a note of the opening of a neat minister’s house at Millfield in the Lowick station Primitive Methodist chapel.
It cost £500: the late Mrs Thomas Clarke left £100 and her sister Mrs Cowell gave £150
Where was the chapel? Come to that, where was Millfield? We are told it was “on the Borders”.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1878 page 125