Newcastle upon Tyne St Anthony's Primitive Methodist chapel
In an 1870 Primitive Methodist magazine article updating on the development of the Connexion in Newcastle circuit, WR Leighton tells us about the recent opening of four chapels.
Included amongst them was St Anthony’s Primitive Methodist chapel. The new chapel held 330 people and had a schoolroom for 200 scholars. It cost £800. This was very similar to another of the four chapels, the one at Walker.
David Tonks has identified that the 1912 revision of the O.S. 25″ map gives a Grid Reference for a Primitive Methodist Chapel at Ropery Walk, St Anthony’s, just west of its junction with Pottery Bank (NZ287631).
In 2019 the area is a managed green space.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1870 page 697