The first Walbottle Primitive Methodist chapel opened in 1836
The foundation stones for a later Walbottle Primitive Methodist chapel in the Newcastle upon Tyne Second circuit was laid in 1881. It was expected to cost £500.
On the 1920 Ordnance Survey map, a Primitive Methodist chapel is shown on the southern end of The Green, almost opposite the Wesleyan chapel. There is modern housing on the site in 2015.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1882 page 61