Whitley Bay Oxford Street Primitive Methodist Church
This building was erected in 1904
In 1899 an iron chapel was erected here. The present building was built in 1904. It is built of red brick with an ashlar dressing. It is of the perpendicular style with a corner tower and spire. It seated 300 people. It is situated on the corner of Oxford Street and North Parade and surrounded by housing.
Exact date of closure is unknown but probably around the year 2000. Since 2006 it has been the ‘de Paul Youth Resource Centre’. The interior has been completely changed and a mezzanine floor put in to make offices.
Photos taken May 2016
OS Map Ref:88NZ3561722