The 1858 Primitive Methodist magazine contains a short obituary for John Hopkinson who had led a life “like the smooth flow of a gentle stream.” In his fifties he was converted and joined the Prim society at Caunton, some tow miles from his home in Kersall where there was no church of any denomination.
That lack caused him to build a chapel largely at his own expense and on his own piece of land. Ordnance Survey maps as late as 1919 label the chapel at the northern end of Wood Lane. Street View in 2010 shows a brick building in use as a garage with the same footprint on the site. Was that it? It is not obviously a former chapel, but early chapels were often simple brick buildings