The 1884 Primitive Methodist magazine tells us they were working on a new Primitive Methodist chapel at Newstead to replace the previous, “inconvenient” one. The 1885 magazine tells us they had completed it. It seated 250.
The 1900 Ordnance Survey map shows a Primitive Methodist chapel with adjacent Sunday school at the western end of Chapel Terrace. There is a small garden on the site in 2012.
The nearby Wesleyan chapel and Sunday school both still exist in 2012, in industrial disuse.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1884 page 635
Primitive Methodist magazine 1885 page 124