Ompton Primitive Methodist chapel
Main Road Ompton NG22 0AU
“Ompton, Wellow Branch, of Mansfield Circuit.—Our sanctuary at this place was opened by the Rev. H. Knowles, from Retford, on Sunday, Nov. 4th, 1860 ; and a tea meeting was held on the following day, the trays being given.
The chapel is a brick building, 21 feet by 15, and 13 feet to the ceiling. The walls are neatly stuccoed brown with white lines, which with a chaste ceiling, moulding, and centre piece, gives a pleasing appearance to the building. The windows are circular headed, with top centre of stained glass. On the inscription-stone is the following sentence :—”Primitive Methodist Jubilee Chapel, 1860.”
The balance-sheet laid before the quarterly meeting, Dec. 10th, showed that £70 had been expended, with a probability of £8 or £10 more being required, and the income showed that £36 had been received by collections, &c. £4 or £5 more of promised money we hope to receive. Most of the sittings are let, and we are about commencing a Sunday- school.
The chapel is still in use in 2018
Primitive Methodist magazine April 1861 page 231