West Stockwith Primitive Methodist chapel
Main Street, West Stockwith DN10 4HB
West Stocksmith Primitive Methodist chapel dates from 1881. The 1881 Primitive Methodist magazine contains a note of the laying of the foundation stones for a pretty little village chapel. It was expected to cast £750 and by the time of opening, the society expected to have raised half.
At the time of Keith Guyler’s photograph in 1996 the chapel was for sale.
It has disappeared by the time of Google Street View in 2008 but two houses, one with the carved date stone 1998, have appeared.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1881 page 381