Bucknell Primitive Methodist Chapel
Information about this chapel can be viewed by following the link to Shropshire’s Nonconformist Chapels.
In the Primitive Methodist magazine, John Harrison tells us that the chapel opened from January 20th 1850. The opening preacher was Mr Pugh of Shrewsbury. Previously the society had met in a cottage, but when the society outgrew it, William Willoughby George Hart Sitwell granted a site on a 99 year lease at 1/- per year.
It measured 30′ x 21′ x 16′ and cost £160, of which they had raised around a quarter.
Primitive Methodist magazine March 1850 pages 179-180.