The first Haughton Primitive Methodist chapel was built in 1832.
In the 1851 Religious Census of Places of Public Religious Worship it had 67 worshippers at their afternoon service and 90 in the evening, plus 57 scholars in the morning.
The building was substantially redeveloped in 1881 to become the chapel in the picture.In 1881. The chapel was still shown on the 1″ O.S. map surveyed in 1959. On Street View in 2011 there is housing on the site. Does it incorporate any of the former chapel?