Hopton near Hodnet; Mount Zion Primitive Methodist Chapel
This chapel was built in 1873
This chapel is situated on the A53 in an area called Lodgebank. It once had a graveyard. The chapel closed in 1983. In 2013 it had been converted into a dwelling and was up for sale.
The plaque reads:-
THIS SITE KINDLY GIVEN BY THE RT HON THE LORD VISCOUNT HILL LORD LIEUTENANT AND CUSTOS ROTULORUM OF THIS COUNTY. ERECTED 1873
Photos taken July 2013
OS Map Ref:126:SJ556260
Further information about this chapel can be viewed by following the link to Shropshire’s Nonconformist Chapels.