Shawbury Heath Primitive Methodist chapel
Bings Heath Astley Shrewsbury SY4 4BY
The Primitive Methodist magazine gives an account by W Wood of the opening of Shawbury Heath Primitive Methodist chapel in the Hadnall circuit. Opening services and tea meeting for 300 started on September 19th 1858 when the speakers were S Ward of The Wood near Oswestry, Thomas Whitehouse, J Powell, T Gregory and W Wood. “Twenty sinners were saved by grace“
The new chapel was brick built, 24′ x 18′ and 12′ high, “ceiled and (with) a boarded floor“. It cost £110 of which they had raised £60.
The chapel closed around 1975. On Google StreetView in 2009 it is still standing.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1859 p.42