Somer Wood (Somerwood) Primitive Methodist chapel
Crow Ln Shrewsbury SY4 4RL
Somer Wood Primitive Methodist chapel in the Hadnall circuit was opened on June 5th 1859. Speakers at the service and following tea meeting for 130 included J Turner, RR Pearce (Dawley), W Wood, J Powell, W Smith and R Watson.
“Two backsliders were restored to the joys of salvation” at the opening.
The cost £97/11/2½ of which they had raised £31/7/6.
A Primitive Methodist chapel is shown on Crow Lane on the Ordnance Survey maps of 1881 and 1902. By 1958 it is labelled as chapel House and is (probably) still visible on Street View in 2011.
Primitive Methodist magazine September 1859 page 557