St. Martin's Moor PM Chapel

The present chapel was built in 1870

St. Martin's Moor PM Chapel | Elaine and Richard Pearce 2012
Elaine and Richard Pearce 2012
St. Martin's Moor PM Chapel | Elaine and Richard Pearce 2012
Elaine and Richard Pearce 2012
St. Martin's Moor PM Chapel | Elaine and Richard Pearce 2012
Elaine and Richard Pearce 2012
St. Martin's Moor PM Chapel | Elaine and Richard Pearce 2012
Elaine and Richard Pearce 2012

A previous chapel was probably built here in 1829.

In 2012 the chapel is still open for worship and is known as Moors Methodist Church.

Photos taken June 2012

OS Map Ref:126:SJ315357

Comments about this page

  • There’s an account by Charles Temperton of the opening of the chapel in the pictures in the Primitive Methodist magazine (1870/569).
    The chapel, which seated 250 people, was opened on July 3rd 1870 when the opening preachers included Rev P Pugh, Robert Mayer Esq. and Rev C Temperton. The foundation stone had been laid less than four months earlier, on March 21st.

    By Christopher Hill (20/11/2019)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *