Twitchen Primitive Methodist chapel

Twitchen, Clunbury, CRAVEN ARMS, SY7 0HN

former Twitchen Primitive Methodist chapel
Keith Guyler 1993

Twitchen Primitive Methodist chapel in the Hopton Bank Circuit was was built in 1833. The Primitive Methodist magazine reports that it was opened by Hugh Bourne himself. The account of the opening was written by Edward Williams and the opening took place on December 22nd 1833.

At the time of Keith Guyler’s photograph in 1993 and on Google Street View in 2009 it was in use as a house.

Grid ref: SO 370793


Reference

Primitive Methodist magazine 1836 p.31

 

Comments about this page

  • Additional :
    Herefordshire Archives :
    ref. BZ61/1/1, Twitchen Primitive Methodists, accounts of money paid by Thomas Bird towards building of Chapel, 1834, 1856, on reverse of account is trustees meetings.

    By Raymond. (02/02/2022)
  • Herefordshire Archives :
    ref. BZ61 [starting from], to include Twitchen Primitive Methodist Sunday School account book c.1928-1932, 1933-51, school treats, outings/excursions, etc., ref. BZ61/1/4a&b.

    ref.BZ61/11/5, Twitchen, a Centenary Souvenir Programme, celebrating 100 years of the Primitive Methodist Church, 1907.

    By Raymond E.O. Ælla (02/02/2022)

Add a comment about this page

Your email address will not be published.