Keynsham Primitive Methodist chapel
Temple St BS31 1HD
Keynsham Primitive Methodist chapel in the Bath circuit was opened on August 18th 1861 and JP Bellingham describes the occasion in the Primitive Methodist magazine.
The chapel measured 38′ x 26′, cost £300 and boasted a room with a stone floor underneath the chapel. J.Lambert, was the architect.
Preachers at the opening included Mrs. Firbank, of Newport. Revs.W. C. Pratt (Baptist minister), J.P. Bellingham, and J. Bennett and Miss M. C. Buck, of Leicester.
A Primitive Methodist chapel is marked on 1:2,500 Ordnance Survey maps from 1884 on Temple Street, opposite the end of Albert Road. By 1964 it has become Elim Pentecostal church. By 1972 it has disappeared and the site in April 2017 is a park.
Primitive Methodist magazine November 1861 page 684