The return from the Primitive Methodist chapel in Limington to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship was completed by William Cox, the steward. He tells us that the chapel was erected in 1839 and held nearly 90m people, mostly in free seats. On Census Sunday, March 31st, there was only one service, in the evening, which was attended by 40 people. There was no Sunday school.
Ordnance Survey maps for 1887 and 1903 show a Primitive Methodist chapel on the corner of Church Street, in front of what is now Chapel House. The building is still there on the 1962 map, but has disappeared by 1975.