The : return from the Primitive Methodist chapel in Nunney to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship was completed by the steward, Samuel Derry. He tells us that the chapel was opened before 1800 and held around 200 people. On Census Sunday 158 attended in the afternoon and 185 in the evening. There was a Sunday school with 43 attendees in both morning and afternoon.
The 1886 Ordnance Survey map shows a Primitive Methodist chapel on the west side of Horn Street, set behind the houses that open directly onto the street. It is still labelled Methodist Church in 1960 but has disappeared by the 1974-86 series.