Bath Oldfield Park Primitive Methodist Church
Oldfield Park Primitive Methodist chapel was sited in Shaftsbury Road, on the corner with Canterbury Road, opposite what was at one time the Scala Cinema. It served an area largely made up of compact family homes accommodating the workforce for industries which have since ceased to be viable – Stothert and Pitt (cranes), Clarks (shoes), CIC, Hayward and Wooster, George Yeo, Horstmanns and the railway (Somerset and Dorset, and Great Western).
The chapel first appears on Ordnance Survey maps between 1902 and 1932. It was destroyed by enemy action in WW2. The site in 2018 is a memorial garden.
Editor’s note: This page at one time included pictures and information about the Wesleyan Methodist chapel at Triangle West. Thanks to Jeff Parsons for pointing out the inaccuracies.