Stolford Primitive Methodist chapel in the Glastonbury mission was opened on April 5th 1847 with services led by Rev Fuller (Baptist) and J Maylard.
In the Primitive Methodist magazine, JM tells us that the new chapel seated 150 and, quite unusually, was free from debt, in no small part due to “those ladies who officiated as collectors”
The return from the Primitive Methodist chapel to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship was completed by Nathaniel D Sully, the steward. He gives a slightly earlier erection date of 1844 and records the average attendance at morning and afternoon services as 35, with a Sunday school of 13 scholars each time.
In the 1886 and 1903 Ordnance Survey maps, a Primitive Methodist chapel is shown on Ridgeway Lane. There are shrubs on the site in 2009.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1847 page 374-375