John Sharp who labels himself as the Master, completed the return from the Primitive Methodist preaching place in Wanstrow to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship. He tells us that the building they met in was erected in 1803. It was not a separate building and held 40 people. On Census Sunday, 33 people attended.
The Primitive Methodist magazine of 1863 tells us that “In the early part of 1862, the Lord poured out his Spirit on Wanstrow, ” and in time a chapel was built on The Street.
The building still stands in the 2009 picture on Street View, although no longer in use as a chapel. It carries its Primitive Methodist label and the date 1877.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1863 page 628