Brewood Primitive Methodist chapel
Shop Lane, Brewood ST19 9EB
The Primitive Methodist magazine contains an account by the wonderfully named William Peaceful of the laying of the foundation stone at Brewood Primitive Methodist chapel in the Stafford branch of the Wrockwardine Wood circuit. The stone was laid by John Smith of Couen on August 31st 1858 when Rev Henry Leech preached. After a public tea in the Independent chapel there were addresses from J Smith (Wesleyan), Rev Way (Independent) and Revs Peaceful and H Leech.
The chapel was located on Shop Lane. It was marked on the 1889/1892 Ordnance survey maps but is not labelled by 1902.
Primitive Methodist magazine November 1858 p.686