Burntwood Primitive Methodist chapel
Chase Road, BURNTWOOD
Two houses at Burntwood were registered for worship by protestant dissenters in 1830 and 1842. In 1846 a house in what became Chase Road was registered by Primitive Methodists and in 1849 they opened a chapel in the same Road. The attendances on Census Sunday 1851 were 16 in the afternoon (with 26 Sunday school children) and 25 in the evening; the average congregations were claimed to be respectively 35 and 50. The chapel was replaced in 1875 by one in Cannock Road, now Burntwood Methodist church (WS7 0BJ). A rear extension was built in 1900.
The first chapel became a dwelling then a bakehouse.
Victoria County History – Staffordshire accessed February 26th 2015