Chesterton Primitive Methodist chapel
London Rd, Chesterton ST5 7EA
The Primitive Methodist magazine of December 1860 contains an account by John Johnson of the re-opening of Chesterton Primitive Methodist chapel. Growing congregations produced the need to extend the chapel to take in former schools. At the same time they succeeded in lowering the outstanding debt on the chapel. Bro Pugh was significant in raising £100.
Preachers at the re-opening included Rev. J. Barnes, of Tunstall and Rev. W. Sanderson, of Kirton Lindsey.
The chapel is still shown on maps in 1969 but has been replaced by a row of shops on StreetView in 2009.
Primitive Methodist magazine December 1860 page 740