Ellaston (Ellastone) Primitive Methodist chapel
Ramsor circuit ; DE6 2GU
Ellaston Primitive Methodist chapel in the Ramsor circuit was opened in 1837. Ramsor was in fact the hamlet of Ramshorn at the western end of the Parish of Ellastone and was very significant in the early history of Primitive Methodism.
On the 1881 Ordnance Survey map, a Primitive Methodist chapel is shown on the left hand side of the road north out of Upper Ellastone, just north of the junction with Church Lane. It disappears from maps between 1922 and 1976.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1838 page 353