Harriseahead Primitive Methodist Memorial Chapel Staffordshire
This chapel was built in 1924
Hugh Bourne built the first chapel in Harriseahead. Daniel Shubotham (Hugh Bourne’s first convert) gave part of his garden The building was completed in 1803. In 2007 it was being used as a work shed with parts of the original building still remaining. In 2015 it cannot be found.
In the High Street a chapel was first built in 1861. In 1909 another chapel was built but we are not sure where. In 1957 the 1861 building was being used as a Sunday School. The building was still there in 2007 but in 2015 it has been demolished.
Yet another chapel was built in 1924. This was erected in Chapel Lane and was known as the Memorial Chapel. 1n 2015 it is open for worship.
Photos 1-5 by kind permission of Robert J. Higginson
Other photos taken February 2015
OS Map Ref:118:SJ861544