Lea Brook Primitive Mthodist chapel
Lea Brook Road North, Wednesbury, WS10 7LY
The Primitive Methodist magazine for September 1853 contains an account by James Talbott of the re-opening of Lea Brook Primitive Methodist chapel in the West Bromwich circuit.
Lea Brook was first missioned in 1848 and a chapel built in 1850. It had a gallery at the back but the congregations outgrew it and they decided to install galleries on each side. They quickly raised the money, installed the galleries and re-opened for worship on July 17th 1853. Sermons were preached by C Bayliss of Coventry and J Jones of Lea Brook.
The chapel was demolished in 1937 and the congregation moved into the Sunday School building. The church is still active in 2017.
Primitive Methodist magazine September 1853 pp.556-557