Newcastle under Lyme Higherland Primitive Methodist Chapel Staffordshire
The first chapel was built here in 1823
Higherland was the first Primitive Methodist Chapel in Newcastle-under-Lyme Circuit, built in 1823. The original date stone can be seen in the current chapel. The chapel was enlarged and re-opened for worship in 1836, and rebuilt in 1852. The frontage dates from 1856. The present chapel is an extension of the earlier one. There is another building at the rear. This is used as a Sunday School and for other church activities. Now still used for worship the main entrance to the church is situated here as the initial entrance opens on to a busy road.
Photos taken December 2015
OS Map Ref:118:SJ846457