In the 1850 Primitive Methodist magazine J Middleton tells us that the chapel at Old Hill in the Dudley circuit was growing rapidly. In the previous quarter they had added 150 members and the chapel was no longer large enough. They had no more to do but extended it by 5 yards , lengthened the side galleries and built a vestry with an orchestra for the choir over it.
The chapel re-opened on February 3rd 1850 and the preachers included Miss Buck of Leicester, John Jennings of Old Hill. The enlargement cast £90 and they expected to pay it all very soon.