Gun(s) Village Primitive Methodist chapel opened in 1851. On October 16th 1853 it celebrated its re-opening after the installation of gas. Sermons were preached by Rev John Bickerdyke of Newcastle and Samuel Saddler (Wesleyan). The following day a tea meeting was held for 160 people, followed by a public meeting addressed by J Grieves, W Bickerdyke, T Hughes and T Brownswood.
The chapel closed by 1969
Account by Richard Price Primitive Methodist magazine 1853 December p.752