Talk o'th Hill Primitive Methodist chapel
Talk o’th Hill Primitive Methodist chapel was opened on October 14th 1838. J Grieves writes about it in the Primitive Methodist magazine. Opening speakers were Bro Bateman, Bro Jeffries and Sister Crosley.
The new chapel which had a gallery on three sides measured 33’8″(l) x 30’8″(w) x 21′(h). The occasion is described as a re-opening so there could have been a previous chapel.
Talke was then in the Tunstall circuit; it later became head of a circuit in its own right.
Where was this chapel? On the 1879 there is a Primitive Methodist chapel north of Talke at Coalpit Hill and one south at Talke Pits. Was it either of these? Does it or the society still exist?
Primitive Methodist magazine 1839 page 419