In the 1850 Primitive Methodist magazine, William Wyld tells of the establishment of Wednesfield Heath Primitive Methodist chapel. Wednesfield Heath was missioned from Darlaston in 1845 and the newly formed society met at first in a preaching house and then in a chapel recently vacated by the Countess of Huntingdon’s Connection. At the end of the lease, the rent was raised and the society was was not prepared to pay the sale price demanded.
In time they acquired a plot and built a chapel for £ 250 of which they had raised £40. Preachers at the opening, starting on October 11th 1849, included Bro Bentley, Skidmore, Wyld, Hall Rogers and Mrs Grice.