Chiefly owing to lack of resources, Primitive Methodists were were unable to build a chapel in Wolverhampton until 1847, when they erected a small building at Monmore Green. In 1851 a chapel was erected at Derry Street, from whence Bethel chapel in Dudley Road Church originated.
The Black Country History website tells us that the foundation stone for Bethel Primitive Methodist Chapel was laid at the Dudley Road site on 10th July, 1865. A new Sunday school was added in 1895.
An organ by Nicholson and Lord was installed in 1900 with funding from American benefactor Andrew Carnegie. The organist at this time, Mr. P. A Jordan, gave a pair of stained glass windows depicting Hugh Bourne and William Clowes. They are now preserved in the Vestry of St. John’s Church in Parkfields.
In 1955, the building was pronounced unfit for public use and eventually demolished. The organ was given to the new East park Chapel.