Thanks to Sarah McCourt for contributing the pictures of the former Primitive Methodist chapel in New Street Wordsley, known as Mount Zion.
The 1940 inventory of Methodist Buildings tells us that the chapel was in the Brierley Hill Circuit, was brick built and seated 160 people on pews. There was one school hall and two other rooms.
The datestone tells us that the chapel was opened in 1882 and Ordnance Survey maps show a Sunday school building behind the chapel on the rear of the site. In 2023 the chapel has been converted to residential use but appears unaltered externally.
A search on this site shows that Prims were active in Wordsley well before 1882. John Petty attended a love feast here in 1837, and a chapel – called Ebenezer – was included in the 1867 Register of places of worship.