Bungay Primitive Methodist chapel
The foundation stone for Bungay chapel was laid by M. Prentice, Esq., of Stowmarket, on July 30th 1861. Preachers at the ceremony and associated services included Rev. H. Gunns, circuit minister, of Norwich, and Mr. W. Freelove, of Bury St. Edmund’s, M. Prentice, Esq., S. Jarrold, Esq., of Norwich, Mr.W. Freelove, and Mr. G. Thurlby.
Donors included J. Colman, Esq., of Norwich; Mr. W. Kerridge was a key fundraiser.
The ceremony is described by H Gunns in the Primitive Methodist magazine.
Primitive Methodist magazine October 1861 page 614-615