in 1881 they obtained a piece of freehold land and laid the foundation stone for Southerncross Primitive Methodist chapel, By the time the building was complete they expected to have paid for the cost of its erection with only the land to pay for.
In fact, by the time of opening, they raised it all except for £120 which they thought they would soon collect. The chapel seated 200.
It closed in 1943 and was sold to become a shop for a precision engineers. Between 2014 and 2019 its picture on Street VIew changes to a block of flats under construction.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1882 page 61
Primitive Methodist magazine 1882 page 125