The 1888 Primitive Methodist magazine tells us that somewhere in Derby, in an area where there was no Non-conformist place of worship, the Primitive Methodists started a mission. Three years later they bought second hand from the School Board a redundant wooden building that had been in use as a school and fitted it out as a chapel.
Strenuous efforts were being made to meet the whole of the cost within the coming twelve months.
That’s all the article tells us – apart from a spirit of optimism.
Where was this chapel? Is it part of the story of one of the other Derby chapels on this site?
Primitive Methodist magazine 1888