Thomas Green , the Primitive Methodist minister, completed returns on behalf of a number of Primitive Methodist chapels to the 1851 Census of Places of Public Religious worship including two in St Austell.
The older and larger of the chapels was erected about 1821 and seated 238: on Census Sunday 50 people attended services in the afternoon and evening. The other chapel held 122, mainly in free seats and had a larger attendance – 66 in the afternoon and 60 in the evening. Neither chapel had a Sunday school on that day.
Where were these chapels? How are they linked to the later chapels shown on this site?