Swinton Primitive Methodist chapel
Swinton Primitive Methodist chapel was opened on Sunday August 20th 1820. Preachers at the opening were John Oxtoby and Samuel Laister. John Oxtoby wrote about the opening in the Primitive Methodist magazine.
The new chapel was in the Hull circuit. The problem is that there are at least three Swintons in Yorkshire, never mind the Greater Manchester one and three in Scotland. Where was this chapel?
Primitive Methodist magazine 1821 page 70