Bronington Primitive Methodist Chapel in the County of Clwyd
This chapel was built and opened in 1891. The closing date of the chapel, for worship, is unknown.
Bronington Primitive Methodist Chapel in the County of Clwyd was built outside the bounds of the village of Bronington in a rural area. It has now been lovingly converted into a domestic dwelling.
Photos taken June 2012
OS Map ref: 126: SJ487389
Additional information (CH 06/2021)
The opening of the previous Bronington Primitive Methodist Chapel is recorded in the Primitive Methodist magazine of December 1850. James Pritchard tells us that the chapel, which was in the Prees Green circuit, opened on September 22nd 1850. The opening preacher was T Parr of Whitchurch. We are told that the chapel was well filled and all the seats were let.
The new chapel was brick built, slate roofed, with a boarded floor and measured 24′ x 18′ and 11’6″ high internally. It cost £105 of which they had raised £40. Mr W Jones is mentioned as a significant donor and Mr S Morris of Hodnet drew the plans