Brynmawr Primitive Methodist chapel
Brynmawr Primitive Methodist chapel was opened in 1841, but when it was enlarged in 1846 to accommodate increasing congregations, there was a dispute over the signing of the lease they had obtained from the Duke of Beaufort. One of the trustees refused to sign, the society split and 73 members formed an alternative society, keeping control of the unfinished chapel. It took a while for sanity to be restored with a negotiated settlement.
The chapel eventually re-opened on January 2nd 1848 when preachers included Bros S Lewis (from the Cwm circuit), R Tuffin and W Nation. Membership rose afterwards, although they had ongoing concerns with debt.
There are many chapels marked on Ordnance Survey maps around 1900, but few of them have their denominations labelled. Where was this chapel and what happened to it?
Primitive Methodist magazine 1848 pages 181-183