Caerleon was missioned in 18337 and a society of 12 members soon formed. They met in a small room until it was converted into dwellings and then in a small kitchen until a new chapel was opened on January 4th 1845. Opening preachers included J Phipps (Hereford), Rev DR Stephens (Baptist) G Arbloster (Wesleyan) and Rev W Evans (Baptist).
J Hibbs tells us about the opening in the Primitive Methodist magazine. The chapel measured 31′ x 21′ and had Rehoboth Primitive Methodist chapel inscribed in stone across the front. It cost £120 of which they had raised £40.
Where was the chapel and what happened to it?
Primitive Methodist magazine 1845 page 125