Hope (Providence) Primitive Methodist Chapel Welshpool Montgomeryshire
The chapel was erected and opened in 1858
Little is known of the history of Hope PM Chapel. It appears from the first three photos that there were two buildings in use. The building in photo 2 does have the plaque on the wall. This is incorporated into a wall of the present dwelling.The building in photo 3 looks more ornate, in spite of the building looking more derelict. Was it the Sunday School? The dwelling in photo 5 is the reincarnation of the building in photo 2. The derelict plot of ground in photo 6 was where the building in photo 3 once stood.
Photos 1-3 are by kind permission of the occupants of the dwelling ‘Providence’.
Photos 4-6 taken March 2015
OS Map Ref:126:SJ253072