Hyssington Primitive Methodist chapel
Church Stoke Montgomery Powys SY15 6EG
The current Hyssington Methodist church was built by Primitive Methodists in 1889. Previously the society had held house meetings in the village for more than 50 years at Bank Cottage and Upper Snead.
The Shropshire and the Marches Methodist Circuit website tells us “the building was very attractive and had the best acoustics in the Circuit, it was noted for its excellent four part harmony singing.”
The design is very similar to the nearby chapel at Grit, except this one has round rather than pointed window tops
The Shropshire and the Marches Methodist Circuit website accessed on March 21st 2015