Jamestone Primitive Methodist chapel
Jameston, Tenby SA70 8QE
Jamestone Primitive Methodist chapel was opened in 1831, thanks in no small part to D Lewis who “exerted himself like a true Welshman and Primitive Methodist in the erection of this chapel”. The new chapel measured 17′(w) x 24′(l).
Opening services took place on 06/03/1831. Speakers at the opening included Mr Chase, Thomas Morgan and Sister E James. Donors included Sir John Owen MP, Mr Allen Esq., Mr Lansdown, D John & D Lewis.
The opening was described by T Morgan in the Primitive Methodist magazine.
Ordnance Survey maps of 1866 show Jamestone Primitive Methodist chapel opposite the current Swan Lake Inn. From Google Street View in September 2011, it looks as though that building still exists.
Primitive Methodist magazine 1832 page 70